This policy applies to information we collect in the game as well as in email, texts or other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Game. This policy does not apply to information that any other companies collect, including those that you may access through the Game. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Game both directly from you when you provide it to us as well as automatically when you use the Game. We collect this information to identify issues and improve gameplay.
When you download and use the Game, it may, through technology, automatically collect:
- Analytics and Usage Details. When you access and use the Game, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Game, including information about your in-game actions and achievements, in-app purchases you make, crash logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Game.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, your IP address, operating system, mobile network information.
- Game Center account information. We may collect information about your Game Center account including your name, username, scores and achievements.
- Stored Information and Files. The Game also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and Address Book information. This information is primarily used to improve gameplay by allowing you to share your score as well as connect with friends and other players.
- Approximate Location Information. The Game does collect real-time information about the location of your device, by utilizing a third party plugin which obtains your approximate location by performing a lookup based on your IP address. This information is primarily used to improve gameplay by emulating real-world sunrise and sunset times and may also be used to emulate real-world weather patterns.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Game or delete it from your device. There are also options on your device that may allow you to limit some of this information, which can be configured from the Pinchworm screen in your Settings app.
Third Party Information Collection
When you use the Game or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks and ad servers; analytics companies; Apple; your mobile service provider; others.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Game and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Game updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Game and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Game according to your individual interests.
- Improve Game performance, stability, and balance.
- Recognize you when you use the Game.
We use location information we collect to provide certain game features, including local sunrise and sunset times and local weather within the game.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you tap or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Game users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. (For example, if you email us.)
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the iTunes Standard EULA, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information:
- Analytics and Usage Data. You may be able to choose whether or not to allow the Game to collect analytics and usage data from the Pinchworm screen in your device’s Settings app. If you disable the use of this information, some parts of the Game may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Location Information. You may be able to choose whether or not to allow the Game to collect and use real-time information about your device's location from the Pinchworm screen in your device’s Settings app. If you disable the use of this information, some parts of the Game may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Children under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Last updated on May 16, 2016.